Our Attorneys ➤ Kurt H. Feuer, Senior Trial Counsel
Kurt Feuer is an experienced trial lawyer and litigator who has been practicing law in Chicago since 1984. He has successfully tried cases in the areas of commercial law, products liability, patents, civil rights, and criminal defense, and litigated employment law cases. He has extensive experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in a wide variety of cases, both at trial and on appeal. A former law clerk to Judge William J. Bauer of the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, and a former partner at the law firm of Ross & Hardies, he has had his own practice focusing on civil rights cases since 2008.
- People v. Hobley, 87 CR 2356 (Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois) (Post-conviction petition) / Hobley v. Burge, et al., 03 C 3678 (N.D. Ill.): obtained gubernatorial pardon based on actual innocence in the criminal matter and a $7.5 million civil settlement from the City of Chicago after 6 years of litigation;
- Glaser v. Village Nursing Home, 02 L 10628 (Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois): jury verdict of $525,000 for malicious prosecution;Anderson v. Landrum, 12 C 1902 (N.D. Ill.); jury verdict of $380,000 for shooting plaintiff’s dog and malicious prosecution of plaintiff;
- Eaton Corporation v. Parker-Hannifin, 292 F.Supp.2d 555 (D.Del. 2003): $1 Million jury verdict and permanent injunction for patent infringement;
- Carter v. General Motors Corp., et al., 983 F.2d 40 (5th Cir. 1993): successful defense at jury trial against $3 Million product liability claim arising from death of truck driver allegedly due to equipment failure;
- Semetex Corp. v. UBAF Arab American Bank, 51 F.3d 13 (2d Cir. 1995): obtained summary judgment in the amount of $964,000 on letter of credit withheld pursuant to freeze of assets under United States sanctions against Iraq;
- Northrup Corporation v. AIL Systems, Inc., 959 F.2d 1424 (7th Cir. 1992): successful defense of breach of contract claims concerning the development and production of the B1-B bomber;
- Visser v. Packer Engineering Associates, Inc., 924 F.2d 655 (7th Cir. 1991) (en banc): successful defense of employment discrimination claims during break up of engineering firm;
- Eaton Corporation v. Rockwell International Corp., 2001 WL 34368391 (D.Del. 2001): jury trial for patent infringement resulting in award of $1.2 Million and finding of willful infringement.